Distant Suns Astronomy App Now Available for NOOK Tablets and Amazon Kindle
SAN JOSE, CA – August 1, 2012 First Light Design (Distant Suns), today announced release of Distant Suns for NOOK™ and Distant Suns Planetarium for Kindle®. The products are based on the award-winning Distant Suns Astronomy App for IOS. They provide knowledge and features for people of all ages that are interested in the heavens – from the novice to the experienced astronomer.
Originally released for the Commodore Amiga®, Distant Suns has been bringing the cosmos to stargazers for over 25 years. No internet access is required to use Distant Suns.
“Releasing versions for Kindle and NOOK tablets represent another step in our continuing mission to release superior educational and entertaining astronomy software for popular mobile devices,” said Mike Smithwick, Founder and President of First Light Design. “Our future plans include development for Samsung and Nexus, as well as other tablets.”
About Distant Suns Astronomy App (NOOK) and Distant Suns Astronomy Planetarium App (Kindle)
- Set your location from any place on earth
- Displays the evening’s sky with over 130,000 stars
- Contains over 200 galaxies, nebula and star clusters, many within reach of binoculars
- Change the date and time to show the sky of the past or future, like having a time-machine in your hands
- Learn the stories behind each constellation
- See the realistic ghostly band of the Milky Way
About Distant Suns Free Astronomy Wallpaper (NOOK)
- Toggle between a label-rich sky and a serene view of the stars alone
- View smoothly rotates around the horizon every 2 minutes
- Follow the moon through its phases, the planets through their monthly dance
About First Light Design
First Light Design, LLC, is a privately owned company. It first released Distant Suns for the Commodore Amiga in 1987, followed by versions for Macintosh and Windows, as well as iOS, Android and NOOK. First Light Design is a proud member of Moms With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers with family-friendly apps. Details about the company and its products can be found at Distant Suns.
Distant Suns is a trademark of First Light Design, Inc. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.