Distant Suns Astronomy App and Astronomy Magazine Announce Strategic Partnership
News ticker of up-to-date space and astronomy news as well as content from Astronomy magazine and Astronomy.com now appear within Distant Suns Astronomy App.
First Light Design (Distant Suns) and Astronomy magazine (Astronomy) announced a strategic partnership today. Content and up-to-date space and astronomy news from Astronomy magazine and Astronomy.com will now stream in a ticker within the Distant Suns Astronomy App for iOS devices. Distant Suns can be downloaded from the App Store.
“At Astronomy, we’re very excited to have this partnership with Distant Suns, the leading planetarium software program in the business,” said Dave Eicher, Editor of Astronomy magazine. “We know that our readers and viewers will value using Distant Suns’ App out under the stars night after night.”
“I am very thrilled about Distant Suns’ partnership with Astronomy magazine,” said Mike Smithwick, founder and president of First Light Design. “Over the next few months, I intend to link Distant Suns with additional content from the magazine and its website to enhance our users’ time out under the heavens.”
About Distant Suns Astronomy App
- View the stars from the Earth or out in the solar system
- Augmented Reality Viewing overlays the sky with the local landscape (iOS only)
- Current stars and solar systems being monitored by the SETI Institute’s Allan Telescope Array, as it listens for possible extraterrestrial civilizations (iOS only)
- What’s Up? Offers an overview of the evening’s sky
- GPS and Compass aware
- NASA’s Night Sky Network of local astronomical events (US iOS only)
- Over 300,000 planets, stars, galaxies, nebula and star clusters
- Interactive tour of the solar system
- And much more … see detailed features at the App Store
About Astronomy magazine
Astronomy magazine leads the astronomy hobby as the most popular publication of its kind in the world. It has been published for over 35 years. Find more information at Astronomy.com.
About First Light Design
First Light Design, LLC, is a privately owned company. It first released Distant Suns for the Commodore Amiga in 1987, followed by versions for Macintosh and Windows. Recently, Distant Suns has partnered with NASA’s Night Sky Network and the Astronomical Society of the Pacific to include local, United States listings of astronomical events and activities in the App. It has also partnered with the SETI Institute to provide real-time monitoring of Allen Telescope Array extraterrestrial targets. First Light Design is a proud member of Moms With Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers with family-friendly apps. Details about the company and its products can be found at Distant Suns.
Distant Suns is a trademark of First Light Design, LLC. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.